Working at Weiss
At Weiss Memorial Hospital we combine the prestige, the resources and the advantages of a major teaching hospital with the personal approach and the close-knit environment of a community hospital.
Weiss Memorial Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited, 236-bed health care facility providing a full range of health care services. Patients benefit from technologically advanced treatments all in a comfortable, convenient North Side setting.
As a member of Weiss’ team you’ll never stop learning and growing, because you’re part of a team that is committed to providing outstanding patient care.
Helping New Employees
Human Resources acclimates new employees to their work environment in a number of ways. The most important way is through a thorough orientation program. This program signifies Weiss’ commitment to each new employee’s success. The goal of New Employee Orientation is to ensure that new employees enter their positions with:
- A clear understanding of the basic expectations, culture and policies of the Hospital
- A sense of pride in the Hospital
- An awareness and commitment to customer service and patient-focused care
- An orientation to the legal and regulatory requirements applicable within a healthcare environment
Weiss Memorial Hospital provides a competitive benefits package that includes the following benefits for both full-time and part-time employees:
- Generous PTO plan
- Medical, dental and vision health care, paying the majority of medical costs
- Flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care and transit expenses
- Credit union
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- 401k plan with matching company dollar, up to a percentage of pay
- Education assistance
- Employee assistance program
- Domestic partnership
Check out the job opportunities currently available under Employment.
At Your Service
The Human Resources department is available during the following hours of operation:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
You may contact HR at fax number (773) 564-7203
or e-mail email@example.com
Employee Health Services
Employee Health Services coordinates and monitors health related activities for all Weiss employees. This area promotes the health and safety of Weiss employees through the following services:
- All new employees are required to complete an employment physical screening, including a drug test.
- Periodic testing to meet regulatory/hospital policy compliance, i.e. TB testing and Fit testing.
- Employee health promotion/injury prevention programs, such as immunizations and the influenza vaccination program.
- Case management of all employee-related injuries and illnesses.
The Employee Health Services office is located on the sixth floor, suite #6350, off of the A elevator. Call (773) 564-5866 for non-urgent appointments.