At Weiss Memorial Hospital, our board-certified, fellowship-trained physicians provide comprehensive ophthalmology care, with cutting-edge treatment for cataract, glaucoma and many other eye conditions. Sophisticated equipment is used to test vision and the health of the eye; early detection is often the key to preventing blindness. When eye disease is diagnosed, treatment options include eye drops, lasers and/or microsurgery.
With many of our practices, licensed optometrists work alongside our ophthalmologists providing pre- and post-operative care and co-management of patients with glaucoma, corneal trauma and cataract. These optometrists provide eyeglass exams (refractions), contact lens fittings and optical services as well. They manage external diseases such as conjunctivitis, dry eye, blepharitis and other conditions that affect the surface of the eye. Additionally, low-vision services for those suffering from macular degeneration are also provided.
Ophthalmologists at Weiss, both in academics and private practice, provide a wide range of on-site medical services and surgical treatment, including:
- Eye examinations for adults and children, including refractions for eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Cataract/Cornea treatment (corneal infections, cataracts, tumors, dry eye, eyelid and conjunctival disorders)
- Cataract surgery
- Implantation of lenses
- Glaucoma, adult strabismus and uveitis
- Laser vision correction
- Neuro-ophthalmology diagnostic testing and treatment
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Retinal procedures (including age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment, retinopathy, etc.)
- Vitreoretinal diseases and ocular oncology
- Intraocular lenses: Accommodative and Multifocal
- Intraocular lenses: Restore™ and Crystalens™
A dedicated eye surgery center with two operating rooms is available on the fourth floor of Weiss. Visit the Eye Surgery Center at Weiss for more information about cataract removal, cornea transplants, glaucoma surgery, ophthalmic plastic surgery, pterygium removal and retinal surgery.
Visit What to Expect on Your Day of Surgery to learn more.
Call the physician referral line at (800) 503-1234 to schedule an appointment.