Prior to your visit with the urologist, you should:
1) Provide a detailed summary of your current medical conditions.
2) Collect all previous PSA values and their respective dates.
3) Prepare a list of all your current medications.
4) Document any previous prostate procedures (TURP, laser prostatectomy, biopsies).
5) Complete the following urinary symptom questionnaire to assess your current voiding status.
During your visit, the urologist will:
1) Perform a complete medical history and physical exam, including a DRE.
2) Urine analysis to assess for any trace of blood, infection or inflammation.
3) Decide whether or not a trans-rectal ultrasound guided needle biopsy of the prostate is required. The biopsy is the ONLY way to make the diagnosis of prostate cancer.