Medical Director, Vanguard Chicago Center for Orthopedics
Chairman of Surgery, Vanguard Weiss Memorial Hospital
Medical Director, University of Chicago Bone and Joint Center at Weiss
Professor of Surgery, University of Chicago
Henry A. Finn, M.D., F.A.C.S., is internationally recognized for his skill in hip and knee replacement surgery. With more than 25 years of experience in orthopedic surgery, Dr. Finn specializes in adult reconstructive surgery and has led approximately 10,000 surgical procedures. He is also a leader in devising and applying the latest techniques, including contemporary minimally invasive and rapid-recovery approaches, advanced analgesic techniques, cosmetic wound closure, partial knee replacement and hip resurfacing. In addition to performing hundreds of joint replacements each year, he has combined his knowledge of surgical oncology and joint replacement surgery, prosthetic design, allograft transplantation and soft-tissue reconstruction to address the most difficult "limb salvage" adult orthopedic reconstructive problems affecting the hip and knee.
Dr. Finn was twice listed among America’s Top Physicians in Orthopaedic Surgery and Joint Replacement in the Consumers’ Research Council of America’s Guide to America’s Top Physicians. Dr. Finn also has received numerous times the distinguished honor from his peers of being named in "Chicago’s Top Doctors" in Chicago magazine.
Many of the devices that Dr. Finn has invented are in wide use at major medical centers in the United States and abroad. He is the designer of the Finn Knee™ System, which is utilized for reconstruction of knees with difficult problems. The Finn Knee™ was recognized as one of the most significant advancements in the field of orthopedics in the last century in the millennium edition of Orthopedics Today, as well as by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons as one of the more notable orthopedic innovations in the 75 years of their existence.
Year Started Practice
- Prosthetic design for hip and knee replacement
- Cementless total hip replacement
- Skeletal reconstruction for metastatic carcinoma
- Limb salvage for cancer and limb threatening non-oncologic problems
- Joint replacement, revision total joint replacement
- Trauma, bone-cancer metastatic, arthritis
- Lower extremity surgery, infections, deformities
- Workers compensation
- Medical School: Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Oncology, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL
Telephone: (773) 564-5881
Fax: (773) 564-5886
For more information, go to www.henryfinn.com.