Surgeon, Vanguard Chicago Center for Orthopedics
Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics, University of Illinois at Chicago
Alan C. League, M.D., has more than a decade of experience in orthopedics, earning his medical degree in 1999. He received certification in orthopedic surgery from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 2009. Though his practice encompasses all areas of orthopedics, he specializes in foot and ankle, fracture care, workers’ compensation, reconstructive joint surgery, arthroscopy and sports medicine.
Practicing since 2006, Dr. League has performed hundreds of joint replacements. His academic appointments have led him from Johns Hopkins to Loyola University and the University of Illinois. Prior to that, he graduated with honors from the University of Minnesota Medical School. An award-winning surgeon and researcher, Dr. League has won the Leo Weinstein Award for Excellence in Patient Care as well as awards for his research, including Best Paper at a University of Illinois Clinical Research Conference.
In his free time, Dr. League enjoys skiing, marathon running, camping and traveling. He has traveled throughout Europe, Asia and all 50 states.
Year Started Practice
- Orthopedic surgery
- Sports medicine
- Foot and ankle
- Fracture care and trauma
- Workers compensation
- Joint reconstructive surgery
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN
- Internship: University of Illinois Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Residency: University of Illinois Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Fellowship: Department of Orthopedics, Lecco, Italy (mini-fellowship in Ilizaroc Technique)
- Fellowship: Union Memorial Hospital, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD (Foot and Ankle Reconstruction)
Telephone: (847) 375-3000
Fax: (847) 929-1184