For many patients, relief from back and spine pain can be found through individualized noninvasive and minimally invasive pain therapy, as well as preventive education.
Less invasive interventions can provide the pain relief needed for the patient to begin a physical therapy and strength training program to promote healing and further pain relief.
Our team of pain management specialists and therapists at the Chicago Spine Center at Weiss Memorial Hospital provide the full spectrum of pain management services and treatment options, including:
- Advanced and accurate pain diagnosis using the latest diagnostic testing technologies, including X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, nerve conduction and electro-diagnostic studies.
- Epidural steroid injections (ESIs) for back and neck pain. ESIs are powerful anti-inflammatory medications that are injected into the epidural space surrounding the spinal cord and nerves to reduce swelling and pain.
- Trigger point injections can provide relief when an anesthetic is injected into painful trigger points found in the muscle tissue or lining, skin, ligaments or tendons. Treating the trigger point lessens/relieves far reaching radiating pain.
- Facet joint injections are an option when more conservative treatments for back and neck pain are unsuccessful. This involved procedure requires an X-ray and iodine dye to ensure accurate needle placement. This treatment may be repeated up to three times annually if necessary.
- Rehabilitation and physical and occupational therapies are effective treatment options for long term success. Visit Rehabilitation at Weiss to learn more about our therapy programs that work in conjunction with the Chicago Spine Center.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (773) 564-SPINE (7746) or Contact Us.
Visit our Pain Management Center for more detailed information about Weiss’ pain management group and treatment options.