Weiss Memorial Hospital Wins National Improvement Award for Patient Satisfaction
Nov 12, 2010
For more information contact:
CHICAGO (Nov. 12, 2010) — Press Ganey Associates Inc. has named Weiss Memorial Hospital a 2010 Top Improver Award Winner.
Press Ganey currently partners with more than 10,000 healthcare facilities—including 50 percent of U.S. hospitals—to measure and improve the quality of their care and their bottom line. The company’s databases are the largest in the industry and allow facilities nationwide to benchmark their results against peer organizations. This award recognizes clients who have shown continuous improvement in their patient, physician or employee satisfaction scores—comparing quarterly scores over two years, with improved scores in three of the four eligible periods. Weiss Memorial Hospital is one of just 29 Press Ganey client facilities to receive this honor in 2010.
“We now have more patients telling us they will return to Weiss because of their overall experience and that they highly recommend Weiss to others,” said Frank Molinaro, chief executive officer at Weiss. “We’re proud that our employees are working to make patients comfortable and welcome for every interaction at Weiss.”
During the past year, Weiss made a series of improvements to increase patient satisfaction, including:
- Holding weekly service meetings that include all levels of team members to discuss ongoing progress in patient satisfaction.
- Ongoing education and coaching for employees about patient service.
- Sending out weekly reports of month-to-date progress to departmental directors to share with their teams.
- Posting monthly results in the hospital’s employee entrance as well as a flyer in everyone’s paycheck.
- Creating an internal marketing campaign, which uses Weiss team member photos on posters and banners.
Richard B. Siegrist Jr., CEO of Press Ganey, noted, "We are proud partners of Weiss Memorial Hospital. Their dedication to continuous improvement serves as a model for all.”