The treatment options for menorrhagia are aimed at:
- Eliminating the underlying cause of the heavy bleeding
- Reducing the heavy bleeding with medicines, surgical procedures, or other treatments
A major goal of treatment is to prevent anemia.
The treatment options for amennorhea are aimed at:
- Identifying and treating underlying conditions
- Restoring hormonal imbalances
- Identifying lifestyle factors that may be causing the absence of a menstrual period
Treatment for menstrual disorders involves the following:
Last reviewed September 2014 by Andrea Chisholm, MD
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.