This heart healthy, one-dish meal is made with lean top round beef, lots of vegetables, and a spicy, herb mixture.
|Serving Size||7 oz|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Top round beef||1 pound|
|Oregano||1 ½ teaspoon|
|Chili powder||½ teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||¼ teaspoon|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1/8 teaspoon|
|Red-skinned potatoes, halved||8|
|Onion, finely chopped||3 cups|
|Beef broth||2 cups|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2 large|
|Carrots, peeled, cut into very thin 2 ½ inch strips||2 large|
|Mustard greens, kale, or turnip greens, stems removed, coarsely torn||2 bunches (½ pound each)|
|Nonstick spray coating, as needed |
- Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across the grain into long strips 1/8 inch thick and 3 inches wide.
- Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and dry mustard. Coat strips of meat with the spice mixture.
- Spray a large heavy skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat.
- Add meat; cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, onion, broth, and garlic. Cook covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, lay greens over top, and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve in large serving bowl with crusty bread for dunking.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.