This tasty bread is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, thanks to the small amount of oil and egg used.
|Serving Size||½ inch slice|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
|All-purpose flour, sifted||1 ½ cups|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||¼ teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 ½ teaspoons |
|Ground allspice||¼ teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|Carrots, finely shredded||1 ½ cups|
|Chopped pecans||¼ cup|
|Golden raisins||¼ cup|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients; add this mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten and evenly distribute carrots.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.