|Serving Size||3 pepper rolls|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||30% DV|
|Vitamin C||270% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
|Red bell peppers||6 |
|Ripe peaches, diced||2 |
|Fat-free cream cheese||6 tablespoons|
|Fresh basil leaves, julienne||10 |
|Ground black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
- Fire roast red peppers over an open flame until skin blisters. Remove skin.
- Cut peppers in half and remove seeds and stem. Cut each half into three long strips.
- In a bowl, combine peaches, cream cheese, and basil. Mix until combined.
- To assemble, place peppers flat, skin-side down. Put ½ teaspoon of peach mixture on one end of each pepper slice. Roll up pepper, peach mixture will be in the center.
- Brush the rolled peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Slide a toothpick through each rolled pepper.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
California Tree Fruit Agreement
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.