What can I expect as a patient at Weiss Memorial Hospital?
Download the Weiss Patient Guide for detailed information.
What should I bring?
- Social Security Number
- Insurance information
If you have an insurance card, bring it. In order to bill your insurance carrier(s) for services rendered, we will need the name of the carrier (company), their complete mailing address, your policy's group number and your personal identification number. If your insurance carrier requires a referral form, please bring it with you to your first appointment. If you are covered by Medicare or Medicaid, please bring the appropriate card as well. You may also be asked to pay for services not covered by insurance. Please bring cash, check or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express).
If your visit is for a second opinion or on a physician's referral, you may need to bring medical records, X-rays, results from lab tests, pathology slides or other materials. Your physician may have sent these to us already – be sure to ask your doctor before your visit Weiss.
- Advance Directive
If you have an Advance Directive (a Living Will and/or Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare) please bring it with you.
What should I bring if I need to stay for longer than an appointment?
- Personal toiletries, bathrobe, slippers or socks.
- Any medications you usually take. Be sure to write your name on the containers and inform your nurse.
- Your glasses, dentures, hearing aid, etc.
- Any instructions your physician may have provided.
- Cash to purchase a debit phone card for long distance. (Local calls are free.)
What should I leave at home?
- Jewelry or other valuables. Weiss is not responsible for personal items.
- A lot of money or extra credit cards. (You may, however, want a few dollars to buy a magazine or a snack.)
- Hair dryer, electric shaver, radio or other electrical appliances.
Where should I stay when visiting a loved one at Weiss?