At Weiss Memorial Hospital
At Weiss Memorial Hospital, we strive to provide our community with exceptional care. This dedication has led to Weiss being recognized in many ways as one of the top hospitals serving the Chicago area. Recent awards include:
• 2017 Weiss doctor Stuart Krauss, MD, has been named a top cancer doctor for 2017 in the annual Chicago Magazineissue highlighting Chicagoland’s top doctors.
• 2016 Weiss earned The Joint Commission’s Certification of Distinction as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
• 2015 Weiss was again recognized for its Outstanding Record in Patient Safety — Awarded an “A” in Spring 2015 Hospital Safety Score by the Leapfrog Group, an independent industry watchdog.
• 2014 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures recognition (third consecutive year) from The Joint Commission.
• 2014 U.S. News & World Report named Weiss one of the Best Hospitals in the Chicago metro area, and “high performing” nationally for its orthopedics program.
• 2014 Weiss CEO Tony Tedeschi, M.D., was named on a national list of 100 doctor leaders of hospitals and health systems by Becker’s Hospital Review.
• 2014 Weiss received the Uptown United Business Partners’ Soul of Uptown Award in recognition for its commitment to and partnership with the Uptown community.
• 2014 Weiss was recognized for its Outstanding Record in Patient Safety – Awarded an “A” in Fall 2014 Hospital Safety Score by the Leapfrog Group, an independent industry watchdog.
• 2013 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures recognition (second consecutive year) from The Joint Commission.
• 2013 The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and Certification for Joint Replacement: Hip and Knee.
• 2013 U.S. News & World Report named Weiss one of the Best Regional Hospitals for Orthopedics.
• 2013 Aetna Institute of Quality Orthopedic Care Facility for Total Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery.
• 2013 BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois Blue Distinction Center+ for Quality and Efficiency in Knee and Hip Replacement.