CORONAVIRUS VISITOR RESTRICTIONS
Call the Weiss COVID-19 Hotline for more information: (833) 799-2944
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020
Your health and well-being is our priority at Weiss Memorial Hospital. To further protect our patients and the community we have put the following visitor restrictions in place.
Effective immediately and until further notice, we are restricting all visitors. Exceptions may apply for certain patients and will be decided on a case-by-case review.
We realize that this change will cause hardship for our patients and families but the decision was made with the utmost concern to protect the health and safety of our patients, staff and community. Because support from family and friends is an important component to the healing process, we encourage phone calls and the use of FaceTime, Skype or other video and call apps to connect with loved ones.
Please be assured that it is safe for you as our patient to keep your scheduled appointments and procedures.
Please be aware of the following visitor restrictions:
- No one under the age of 18 may visit.
- No visitors will be allowed in the inpatient units — exceptions include critically ill/end of life patients.
- Patients undergoing surgery may have one visitor for the duration of the procedure.
- All visitors will be screened at the hospital entrances. Visitors with flu-like symptoms will be prohibited from entry.
Changes to the visitor policy at our outpatient clinics are as follows:
- Patients in our outpatient clinics may have one support person.
- Patients having outpatient surgery may have one support person.
- Patients for outpatient laboratory or radiology therapy may have one support person.
- Emergency Department patients may have one support person.
- No one under the age of 18 will be allowed as a support person.
- All visitors will be screened at the information desk upon entering the clinics. Visitors with flu-like symptoms should not visit patients and will be prohibited from entry.
Thank you for your understanding and during this difficult time. For more information about our policies and procedures please visit our Coronavirus Resource website page.