COVID-19 Testing FAQ
COVID-19 Testing in Your Community
Is COVID-19 testing available at Weiss Memorial Hospital?
Weiss is offering testing for current COVID-19 illness.
An appointment is required for testing. Please call (773) 564-7777 to schedule a COVID-19 test.
If your symptoms are more severe, call our ER before arriving at (773) 564-7500.
How do I qualify for a COVID-19 test?
Testing is available to all community members who currently have one or more COVID associated symptoms or exposure, with or without insurance, and who have made an appointment.
To qualify for a COVID-19 test, patients must have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Loss or decrease of sense of smell or taste
- Muscle aches with flu-like symptoms
- Loss of appetite
- Chills or shaking chills
- Nausea or other gastrointestinal symptoms
- Close contact (identified as being within six feet of a person for a prolonged period of time or been coughed on) with someone who has been diagnosed with or presumed positive COVID-19
- Traveled to an area with high community spread of COVID-19
- Work in a healthcare facility (clinic, hospital, nursing home, senior care facility or other healthcare facility) or are a first responder
- 65 years or older
- Have the following chronic conditions:
- Chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- Severe heart condition (high blood pressure, previous heart attacks, heart failure, etc.)
- Neurologic condition that affects ability to cough (had a stroke)
- Condition that can cause a person to be immunocompromised (cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV positive, prolonged use of corticosteroids, and other immune weakening medications)
- Very overweight or obese (BMI greater than 40)
- Chronic kidney disease or undergoing dialysis
- Liver disease
- Currently pregnant
How can I schedule a COVID-19 test?
Call (773) 564-7777 to schedule a COVID-19 test. If you have a referral/prescription from your medical provider, you will be scheduled immediately. If not, you will be offered a clinical screen to determine eligibility for COVID-19 testing.
To begin your COVID-19 screening, call (773) 564-7777. A Weiss clinician will administer your assessment and may recommend COVID-19 testing. Following your phone assessment you will be assigned an appointment time.
Where do I go for testing?
Weiss’ COVID-19 testing is available in the Arvey Clinic of Weiss Memorial Hospital.
Is there a cost associated with COVID-19 testing?
Most insurance plans cover COVID-19 testing with a referral/prescription. For those who are insured, out of pocket costs may vary depending on their specific plans. Self-pay cost is $102 for those who are not covered by insurance.
How will I receive my COVID-19 test results after testing?
COVID-19 test results may take up to three (3) business days to receive. Please do not call for results. Your primary care physician or a Weiss clinician will call you with your results.
If your symptoms worsen or become severe, please call 911.
Please self-quarantine for 14 days and wear a face mask as often as possible, regardless of a positive or negative test result. Follow CDC guidelines for protecting yourself and others against COVID-19.
How can I learn more about COVID-19?
Call the Weiss COVID-19 Hotline at (833) 799-2944 for information about COVID-19, to learn about the steps we have taken to protect our patients and staff at Weiss, and for updates on COVID-19 testing options.
Here you’ll find family resources and visitor information, such as COVID-19 information, visitation hours, directions and parking information, and more to help plan your visit.
Call the Weiss COVID-19 Hotline for more information: (833) 799-2944
COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
Your health and well-being is our priority at Weiss Memorial Hospital. To further protect our patients and the community we have put the following visitor restrictions in place.