Convenient COVID-19 Testing in Your Community
Weiss Memorial Hospital is pleased to offer testing for COVID-19. An appointment is required for testing. Please call (773) 564-7777 to schedule a COVID-19 test.
If your symptoms are more severe, call our ER before arriving at (773) 564-7500.
COVID-19 Testing Tent
Weiss’ COVID-19 Testing Tent is located in the parking lot near the Emergency Department. The tent is open by appointment only.
Four parking spaces in the lot near the tent are reserved for community members with testing reservations. Enter the gate at the back of the lot through the Wilson entrance just east of Clarendon. Individuals can enter the tent directly after parking. If you are able to walk to your testing appointment, please proceed directly to the tent. Please arrive at your designated appointment time and practice social distancing. Early arrival is discouraged.
Testing is available to all community members who currently have one or more COVID-associated symptoms or exposure, with or without insurance, and who have made an appointment.
Most insurance plans cover COVID-19 testing with a referral/prescription. For those who are insured, out-of-pocket costs may vary depending on their specific plans. Self-pay cost is $102 for those who are not covered by insurance.
The purpose of the tent is solely to test for COVID-19. The testing in the tent does not replace the need for evaluation by a clinician. Please discuss any symptoms you may be experiencing with your primary care provider for further management or call Weiss at (844) 776-9733 to find a new primary care provider.
If your symptoms are worsening or you think you need emergency services, call 911 immediately.
How to Schedule a COVID-19 Test
Call (773) 564-7777 to schedule a COVID-19 test. If you have a referral/prescription from your medical provider, you will be scheduled immediately. If not, you will be offered a clinical screen to determine eligibility for COVID-19 testing.
To begin your COVID-19 screening, call (773) 564-7777. A Weiss clinician will administer your assessment and may recommend COVID-19 testing. Following your phone assessment, you will be assigned an appointment time.
To qualify for a COVID-19 test, patients must have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Loss or decrease of sense of smell or taste
- Muscle aches with flu-like symptoms
- Loss of appetite
- Chills or shaking chills
- Nausea or other gastrointestinal symptoms
- Close contact (identified as being within six feet of a person for a prolonged period of time or been coughed on) with someone who has been diagnosed with or presumed positive COVID-19
- Traveled to an area with high community spread of COVID-19
- Work in a healthcare facility (clinic, hospital, nursing home, senior care facility or other healthcare facility) or are a first responder
- 65 years or older
- Have the following chronic conditions:
- Chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- Severe heart condition (high blood pressure, previous heart attacks, heart failure, etc)
- Neurologic condition that affects ability to cough (had a stroke)
- Condition that can cause a person to be immunocompromised (cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV positive, prolonged use of corticosteroids, and other immune weakening medications)
- Very overweight or obese (BMI greater than 40)
- Chronic kidney disease or undergoing dialysis
- Liver disease
- Currently pregnant
COVID-19 Test Results
COVID-19 test results may take up to three (3) business days to receive. Please do not call for results. Your primary care physician or a Weiss clinician will call you with your results.
If your symptoms worsen or become severe, please call 911.
Please self-quarantine for 14 days and wear a face mask as often as possible, regardless of a positive or negative test result. Follow CDC guidelines for protecting yourself and others against COVID-19.
Weiss Memorial Hospital COVID-19 Hotline
Call the Weiss Memorial Hospital COVID-19 Hotline at (833) 799-2944 for information about COVID-19, to learn about the steps we have taken to protect our patients and staff at Weiss, and for updates on COVID-19 testing options.
Here you’ll find family resources and visitor information, such as COVID-19 information, visitation hours, directions and parking information, and more to help plan your visit.