Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Talk with your doctor about your risk of breast cancer and your screening options.
Call today to schedule your testing or find out more! 773-564-7777
- Weiss Memorial Hospital’s Mammography Department offers digital mammography and breast ultrasound for diagnostic and screening purposes.
- Mammography is a test that uses X-rays to create images of the breast. These images are called mammograms.
- A radiologist trained to read mammograms studies the images and looks for signs of breast cancer.
- Breast ultrasound uses sound waves to make images of the breast. Ultrasound images may be called sonograms.
- Breast ultrasound is a non-invasive test. It’s often used as a follow-up test after an abnormal finding on a mammogram, breast MRI or clinical breast exam.
Weiss Mammography Hours
Monday, Tuesday: 9 am-5 pm
Thursday: 9 am-5 pm
Alternate Saturdays (October 5 & 19):
9 am-1 pm
Weiss Ultrasound Hours
Monday-Friday: 8 am-4 pm
Saturday: 8 am-2 pm