The Center for Gender Confirmation Surgery at Weiss Memorial Hospital
A New Beginning Starts Here
The Center for Gender Confirmation Surgery at Weiss Memorial Hospital is ready to help make transitions complete. We’re one of only a handful of centers in the country that offers a comprehensive approach to gender confirmation surgery. We invite you to discover how the expert, compassionate staff at Weiss works with people as they embark on a new beginning.
What We Offer
- One of only a handful of centers in the country that offers a comprehensive approach to gender confirmation surgery
- Our top priority is to provide high-quality, compassionate care in a welcoming, patient-centered environment
- Our goal is to help you achieve harmony in becoming on the outside who you are on the inside
A Unique Program
The Center for Gender Confirmation Surgery, led by medical director Loren S. Schechter, MD, FACS, offers the full spectrum of gender confirming procedures consistent with the guidelines established by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).
Our top priority is to provide high-quality, compassionate care in a welcoming, patient-centered environment.
Meet Our Team
Get to know our compassionate, experienced team of professionals that are with you every step of your journey. Meet our team.
Our program coordinator helps patients and their loved ones throughout the process, including:
- Facilitating hotel reservations and local transportation needs
- Partnering with the social work team to coordinate pre- and post-surgical logistics and recovery plans
- Providing concierge assistance
- Connecting patients and family members with needed resources and information
After surgery, patients recover on a dedicated post-surgical unit. Privacy and comfort are enhanced with large, private rooms providing beautiful views of Lake Michigan. An extra bed is also available in each room, allowing a visitor to stay with the patient.
Insurance Coverage and Financing
An increasing number of insurance plans are offering coverage for gender confirmation surgery. Our program coordinator assists patients with the insurance precertification process. Contact your insurance provider to determine if your plan has benefits for gender confirmation surgery. There’s also the option to self-pay for your surgery, and we’ll provide you with a quote.
Gender Confirmation Procedures
- Penile Inversion Vaginoplasty
- Shallow-Depth Vaginoplasty (Zero-Depth
- Breast Augmentation
- Body Contouring
- Facial Feminization Surgery
- Chest Surgery/Chest Contouring