Convenient COVID-19 Testing in Your Community
Weiss Memorial Hospital is pleased to offer testing for COVID-19. An appointment is required for testing. Please call (773) 564-7777 to schedule a COVID-19 test.
If your symptoms are more severe, call our ER before arriving at (773) 564-7500.
Weiss’ COVID-19 testing takes place in the Arvey Clinic of Weiss Memorial Hospital, and is by appointment only.
Testing is available to all community members who currently have one or more COVID-associated symptoms or exposure, with or without insurance, and who have made an appointment.
Most insurance plans cover COVID-19 testing with a referral/prescription. For those who are insured, out-of-pocket costs may vary depending on their specific plans. Self-pay cost is $102 for those who are not covered by insurance.
The purpose of the tent is solely to test for COVID-19. The testing in the tent does not replace the need for evaluation by a clinician. Please discuss any symptoms you may be experiencing with your primary care provider for further management or call Weiss at (844) 776-9733 to find a new primary care provider.
If your symptoms are worsening or you think you need emergency services, call 911 immediately.
How to Schedule a COVID-19 Test
Call (773) 564-7777 to schedule a COVID-19 test. If you have a referral/prescription from your medical provider, you will be scheduled immediately. If not, you will be offered a clinical screen to determine eligibility for COVID-19 testing.
To begin your COVID-19 screening, call (773) 564-7777. A Weiss clinician will administer your assessment and may recommend COVID-19 testing. Following your phone assessment, you will be assigned an appointment time.
To qualify for a COVID-19 test, patients must have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Loss or decrease of sense of smell or taste
- Muscle aches with flu-like symptoms
- Loss of appetite
- Chills or shaking chills
- Nausea or other gastrointestinal symptoms
- Close contact (identified as being within six feet of a person for a prolonged period of time or been coughed on) with someone who has been diagnosed with or presumed positive COVID-19
- Traveled to an area with high community spread of COVID-19
- Work in a healthcare facility (clinic, hospital, nursing home, senior care facility or other healthcare facility) or are a first responder
- 65 years or older
- Have the following chronic conditions:
- Chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- Severe heart condition (high blood pressure, previous heart attacks, heart failure, etc)
- Neurologic condition that affects ability to cough (had a stroke)
- Condition that can cause a person to be immunocompromised (cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV positive, prolonged use of corticosteroids, and other immune weakening medications)
- Very overweight or obese (BMI greater than 40)
- Chronic kidney disease or undergoing dialysis
- Liver disease
- Currently pregnant
COVID-19 Test Results
COVID-19 test results may take up to three (3) business days to receive. Please do not call for results. Your primary care physician or a Weiss clinician will call you with your results.
If your symptoms worsen or become severe, please call 911.
Please self-quarantine for 14 days and wear a face mask as often as possible, regardless of a positive or negative test result. Follow CDC guidelines for protecting yourself and others against COVID-19.
Weiss Memorial Hospital COVID-19 Hotline
Call the Weiss Memorial Hospital COVID-19 Hotline at (833) 799-2944 for information about COVID-19, to learn about the steps we have taken to protect our patients and staff at Weiss, and for updates on COVID-19 testing options.
Here you’ll find family resources and visitor information, such as COVID-19 information, visitation hours, directions and parking information, and more to help plan your visit.