Behavioral Health Outpatient Center
Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs at Weiss
The Weiss Memorial Hospital Behavioral Health Center offers both Partial Hospitalization as well as Intensive Outpatient Programs (PHP and IOP). The Weiss programs give comprehensive treatment that helps support patients as they discharge from the hospital or as an alternative to hospitalization.
Our dedicated psychiatrists, nurses, therapists, social workers, and case managers provide quality care. Our expert clinicians are all highly trained in a diverse array of treatment modalities to handle the most complex cases.
Treatment and Options
- All Weiss behavioral health programs start with a no cost, initial assessment.
- Group, individual and family therapy.
- Patients will meet with a provider for medication management, a nurse, therapist, psychiatrist and attend therapeutic and recreational activities. Aftercare planning and family sessions are included.
- Therapeutic activities including expressive arts therapy and nursing education groups will be available.
- PHP program hours are three days per week, your choice, Monday – Friday, 9 am – 2 pm.
- IOP program hours are Monday – Friday, 9 am – 12:30 pm.
- Transportation to the programs is available within a 15 mile radius.
- Free meals.
- A designated smoking area is available.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
The Weiss partial hospitalization programs (PHP) provide the most intensive level of non-residential, non-inpatient care that is available for individuals who meet one of the following two criteria:
- People who have completed inpatient or residential treatment from a mental health, behavioral health, and/or substance use disorder and can benefit from a structured level of step-down support as they transition to a more independent lifestyle.
- People whose mental, behavioral, or substance-related needs do not rise to the level that requires the intensive nature of treatment that is provided at the inpatient and residential levels.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
The Weiss IOP program allows individuals to receive treatment that fully addresses their needs in a less restrictive environment than PHP, inpatient treatment, or intensive care yet more structured than the typical outpatient setting.
Initial assessment is FREE. For referrals or assessment, call (773) 564-5705.