Outpatient Center for Behavioral Health
Partial Hospitalization (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient (IOP) Programs at Weiss
The Weiss Memorial Hospital Behavioral Health Center offers comprehensive treatment that helps support patients as they discharge from the hospital or as an alternative to hospitalization
Our dedicated psychiatrists, nurses, therapists, and social workers provide quality care. Our expert clinicians are all highly trained in a diverse array of treatment modalities to handle the most complex cases.
Treatment and Options
- PHP and IOP programs at Weiss Memorial Hospital start with a no-cost, initial assessment.
- Both programs are primarily group-therapy-based with opportunities for individual and family counseling as appropriate.
- Therapeutic activities including expressive arts therapy and nursing education groups are available.
- PHP program hours are five days per week, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- IOP program hours are three days per week, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Transportation to the programs is available within a 15-mile radius.
- Breakfast snacks and lunch are provided at no additional cost.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
The Weiss Memorial Hospital partial hospitalization programs (PHP) provide the most intensive level of non-residential, non-inpatient care that is available for individuals who meet one of the following two criteria:
- People who have completed inpatient or residential treatment from a mental health, behavioral health, and/or substance use disorder and can benefit from a structured level of step-down support as they transition to a more independent lifestyle.
- People whose mental, behavioral, or substance-related needs do not rise to the level that requires the intensive nature of treatment that is provided at the inpatient and residential levels, or to avert the need for hospitalization.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
The Weiss Memorial Hospital IOP program allows individuals to receive treatment that fully addresses their needs in a less restrictive environment than PHP, inpatient treatment, or intensive care yet more structured than the typical outpatient setting.
Our geriatric psychiatry team fulfills an important need, caring for older adults and their families throughout the Chicago area.
Initial assessment is FREE. For referrals or assessment, call us today.
4646 N. Marine Drive
Chicago, IL 60640 Weiss Memorial Hospital
Healthcare Providers: Call (773) 564-6250 or fax a referral to (773) 564-6251.