Note: Please refer to the latest COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions policy for full details about visiting patients at Weiss.
Our Visitor Policy and Hours of Visitation
It’s important to know about our hospital visitor policy before your visit. Please review Weiss Memorial Hospital’s visitor policy below:
- Patients may choose who may and may not visit during their hospital stay.
- Patients may withdraw or deny permission for visitation at any time.
- Patients (or their support person) may limit the privileges of visitors, including providing for more limited visiting for some visitors than others.
- Clinical reasons may limit the number of visitors at the bedside at one time.
Reasons for Limiting Visitation
Visitation may be limited by the hospital due to the following potential reasons:
- Need for rest or privacy
- Behavioral Health protocols requiring restricted visitation
- Clinical interventions, therapy, or procedures where the health care provider believes limited visitation is best
- Risk of infection
- Extraordinary protections because of a pandemic or infectious disease outbreak
- Substance-abuse treatment protocols requiring restricted visitation
- A court order limiting or restraining contact
- Threatening or disruptive behavior directed at you or hospital staff
The above limitations are mandated by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Clinical necessity may warrant the need for caregivers to limit the number of visitors at any one time.
Visiting Hours at Weiss Memorial Hospital
In most units: 11 a.m.- 7 p.m. daily
Geriatric psychiatry unit is not accepting visitors at this time.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, visiting hours are subject to change.
Please visit COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions or call the hospital for more information about visitation hours, at 773-878-8700.
Depending on your condition, your nurse may limit visiting hours to improve your recovery.
Overnight, between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m., visitors will need to use the hospital’s Emergency Department entrance located at the northwest corner of the main hospital building. During this time, the hospital’s main entrance is closed for security purposes.