COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
Call the Weiss Memorial Hospital COVID-19 Hotline for more information: (833) 799-2944.
COVID-19 Visitor and Patient Support Companion Policy:
Your health and well-being are our priority at Weiss Memorial Hospital. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we remain committed and vigilant to delivering the best possible care, while keeping our patients, staff, and community safe. Accordingly, we have aligned our visitation policies with the most current city, regional and state emergency preparedness guidelines and will continue to adjust our policies as mandates change.
The following visitor policies are in effect:
- Patients in any type of isolation, including COVID, may not be visited during the hospital stay.
- Visiting hours are 11:00AM – 7:00PM daily and limited to 60 minutes per day.
- Inpatients may have one visitor per day for 1 hour.
- No visitors under the age of 18 are allowed.
- All visitors will be screened at entry points, provided with an inpatient Yellow Visitor Badge, and asked to complete a brief Attestation of Health form (to be delivered to nursing station prior to entering the room of patient).
- By signing the attestation form, the visitor agrees to the following conditions:
- I agree to adhere to WMH active screening process and temperature check upon entry to the hospital and acknowledge that failed screening may result in my being denied access to the hospital.
- I agree to follow all hand hygiene practices and to wear a mask for the duration of my visit.
- I am aware this is a contact-free visit and will use my best efforts to maintain a distance of (6 feet) from patients, staff and other visitors at all times.
- I understand that eating and drinking during my visit is not permitted and that food brought in for patients will not be shared with others.
- I agree to remain in the designated visiting area(s) unless otherwise directed by a member of WMH staff.
- Visitation for critically ill/end of life patients and/or caregiver training will be managed by the care team on a case by case basis.
Outpatient Procedures, Surgeries, and Emergency Services:
- Patients having outpatient surgery or procedure/test may have one support companion. Support companion will be allowed to wait in designated areas.
- All patient support companions will be screened at the information desk upon entry. Anyone with flu-like symptoms will be prohibited from entry.
- Patient support companions will be directed to follow infection prevention protocols and provided with face coverings/ masks to wear, as per CDC and Weiss Memorial Hospital COVID-19 protocols.
- No one under the age of 18 will be allowed as a support companion.
- Patient in the Emergency Department have one support companion with the following exceptions.
- Pediatric patients are allowed up to two parents/guardians.
- Patient receiving end of life care are allowed one visitor at a time and family may rotate.
We recognize that support from family and friends is an important component to the healing process and visitation restrictions may pose a hardship for our patients and families. In lieu of in-person visitation, please consider phone calls and use of FaceTime, Skype or other video apps to connect with loved ones. Our care team is glad to assist patients with hospital iPad support to receive communication.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. For more information about our policies and procedures, please visit our COVID-19 Update webpage.
Here you’ll find family resources and visitor information, such as COVID-19 information, visitation hours, directions and parking information, and more to help plan your visit.