COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
Call the Weiss Memorial Hospital COVID-19 Hotline for more information: (833) 799-2944.
COVID-19 Visitor and Patient Support Companion Policy:
Your health and well-being are our priority at Weiss Memorial Hospital. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we remain committed and vigilant to delivering the best possible care, while keeping our patients, staff, and community safe. Accordingly, we have aligned our visitation policies with the most current city, regional and state emergency preparedness guidelines and will continue to adjust our policies as mandates change.
The following visitor policies are in effect:
- Patients in any type of isolation, including COVID, may not be visited during the hospital stay.
- Visiting hours are 11:00AM – 7:00PM daily and limited to 1 hour per day.
- One visitor at a time, will be allowed for patients on medical, surgical, and rehabilitation inpatient units.
- No visitors under the age of 18 are allowed.
- All visitors will be screened at entry points and provided with an inpatient Yellow Visitor Badge with patient unit/room destination.
- Visitors must check in at the nursing station and complete a Health Screening Certification Form prior to entering the patient room. Anyone with flu-like symptoms will be prohibited from entry.
- Visitors may not visit any areas or departments other than the allowed patient room as indicated on their visitation badge.
- Visitors will be directed to follow infection prevention protocols and provided with face coverings/masks to wear, as per the most current CDC guidelines.
- Visitation for critically ill/end of life patients and/or caregiver training will be managed by the care team on a case by case basis.
Outpatient Procedures, Surgeries, and Emergency Services:
- Patients having outpatient surgery or procedure/test may have one support companion. Support companion will be allowed to wait in designated areas.
- All patient support companions will be screened at the information desk upon entry. Anyone with flu-like symptoms will be prohibited from entry.
- Patient support companions will be directed to follow infection prevention protocols and provided with face coverings/masks to wear, as per the most current CDC guidelines.
- No one under the age of 18 will be allowed as a support companion.
- Patients in the Emergency Department may have one support companion with the following exceptions:
- Pediatric patients are allowed up to two parents/guardians.
- Patients receiving end of life care are allowed one visitor at a time and family may rotate.
We recognize that support from family and friends is an important component to the healing process and visitation restrictions may pose a hardship for our patients and families. In lieu of in-person visitation, please consider phone calls and use of FaceTime, Skype or other video apps to connect with loved ones. Our care team is glad to assist patients with hospital iPad support to receive communication.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. For more information about our policies and procedures, please visit our COVID-19 Update webpage.
Here you’ll find family resources and visitor information, such as COVID-19 information, visitation hours, directions and parking information, and more to help plan your visit.