COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
COVID-19 Visitor and Patient Support Companion Policy
This visitor policy is in effect as of Feb. 2, 2022.
Your health and well-being are our priority at Weiss Memorial Hospital. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we remain committed and vigilant in delivering the best possible care, while keeping our patients, staff, and community safe.
Accordingly, we have aligned our visitation policies with the most current city, regional and state emergency preparedness guideline and will continue to adjust our policies as mandates change.
- Visits are limited to one (1) hour per day.
- Visits are limited to two (2) visitors/day, for one (1) hour per day. If visitors are together, the time remains one (1) hour per day. Visitors must remain fully masked.
- Patients receiving end of life care are allowed one visitor at a time and family may rotate. Visitation for critically ill patients and patients at the end will be managed by discussion with the patient’s care team.
- Approved visitors will be directed to follow infection prevention protocols and provided with face coverings/ masks to wear, as per CDC and Weiss Memorial Hospital COVID-19 protocols.
- All visitors will be screened at entry points, provided with an inpatient Yellow Visitor Badge, and asked to complete a brief Attestation of Health form (to be delivered to nursing station prior to entering the room of patient).
- By signing the attestation form, the visitor agrees to the following conditions:
- I agree to adhere to WMH active screening process and temperature check upon entry to the hospital and acknowledge that failed screening may result in my being denied access to the hospital.
- I agree to follow all hand hygiene practices and to wear a mask for the duration of my visit.
- I am aware this is a contact-free visit and will use my best efforts to maintain distance of (6 feet) from patients, staff, and other visitors at all times.
- I understand that eating and drinking during my visit is not permitted and that food brought in for patients will not be shared with others.
- I agree to remain in the designated visiting area(s) unless otherwise directed by a member of WMH staff.
- Visitors are not allowed at this time, except for pediatric patients, who are allowed up to two parents or guardians.
- No one under the age of 18 will be allowed as a support companion.
We recognize that support from family and friends is an important component to the healing process, and visitation restrictions may pose a hardship for our patients and families. In lieu of in-person visitation, please consider phone calls and use of FaceTime, Skype, or other video apps to connect with loved ones. Our care team is glad to assist patients with hospital iPad support to receive communication.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.