COVID-19 Information & Resources
COVID-19 Precautions at Weiss
Appointments, screenings, procedures, and surgeries are actively being scheduled at Weiss Memorial Hospital.
At Weiss Memorial Hospital, we’ve put every precaution in place to keep our patients and staff safe. If you’ve been putting off your regular health care checkups or need to schedule a procedure or surgery, please be assured that now is the right time to reach out and take the steps you need to reclaim your health. It is vital that you seek treatment for chronic conditions and acute medical concerns. We’re here for you.
Steps we’re taking to maximize safety:
- All doctors, nurses, and clinicians are wearing masks and are screened for symptoms at the beginning of all shifts.
- We are rigorously cleaning and sanitizing patient exam rooms between each and every patient.
- Our operating rooms and equipment are sterilized with cleaning products approved for use against COVID-19.
- We are spacing out our patient appointment times and limiting the number of persons in our clinics. Chairs are placed six feet apart in our lobby and patient escorts are only allowed if absolutely necessary.
- Waiting areas have been modified and plexiglass has been installed as an additional barrier to separate staff from patients checking into clinics.
- You will be pre-screened for symptoms by phone a day before your appointment. When you arrive for your appointment you will be screened once again and have your temperature checked.
- All patients (and necessary support persons) must wear face masks and follow social distancing guidelines of at least six feet from others in common areas.
- How it Spreads
- What to do if you are sick
- Frequently Asked Questions
- People at Higher Risk for COVID-19 Complications (older adults with chronic medical conditions, pregnant women, and children)