Safe and Exceptional Imaging
Weiss Memorial Hospital’s Nuclear Medicine program is accredited by the American College of Radiation (ACR). ACR accreditation is the gold standard in imaging accreditation. Achieving accreditation speaks to our commitment to providing safe and exceptional imaging.
About Nuclear Medicine at Weiss Memorial Hospital
Nuclear Medicine studies utilize special cameras and smalls amounts of radioactive materials known as radiopharmaceuticals.
We provide a wide range of studies to assist with diagnosis for:
- Heart disease: coronary artery blockage and function
- Bone conditions: infection, tumors, inflammation, small fractures
- Gallbladder disease
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Thyroid disorders and cancers
- Lung disease and obstructions with pulmonary emboli
- Kidney function
- Many cancers
In addition to diagnostic testing, our nuclear medicine specialists provide therapeutic treatments for many disorders.
Nuclear Medicine Department
Monday – Friday
7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
4646 N. Marine Drive
Seventh Floor, A Elevator
Chicago, IL 60640 Weiss Memorial Hospital