Weiss Memorial Hospital’s Nuclear Medicine program is accredited by the American College of Radiation (ACR).
ACR accreditation is the gold standard in imaging accreditation. Achieving accreditation speaks to our commitment to providing safe and exceptional imaging.
Nuclear Medicine studies utilize special cameras and smalls amounts of radioactive materials known as radiopharmaceuticals.
We provide a wide range of studies to assist with diagnosis for
- Heart disease: coronary artery blockage and function
- Bone conditions: infection, tumors, inflammation, small fractures
- Gallbladder disease
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Thyroid disorders and cancers
- Lung disease and obstructions with pulmonary emboli
- Kidney function
- Many cancers
In addition to diagnostic testing, our nuclear medicine specialists provide therapeutic treatments for many disorders.
The department’s hours are 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. A nuclear medicine technologist is on call 24/7 for emergencies.
To schedule a nuclear medicine appointment, please call our central scheduling department at (773) 564-7777.
To speak with a nuclear medicine technologist, please call 773-564-5980, option 2.
Weiss Memorial Hospital
Seventh Floor, A Elevator
(773) 564-4983 (Department)
(773) 564-7777 (Outpatient Scheduling)