Tackling Joint Pain at Joint University
Return to an Active Lifestyle
Joint University (JU) is a place, a program, and a team of exceptional orthopedic surgeons and clinicians who deliver outstanding care to individuals choosing to have joint replacement surgery. Each member of Joint University’s multidisciplinary team has been selected for his or her exceptional abilities, positive attitude and outstanding motivational skills.
Joint University is located at Weiss Memorial Hospital on Chicago’s dynamic north side, featuring newly remodeled private rooms overlooking Lake Michigan and an environment that is pleasant and conducive to healing.
Why Joint University is a Smart Choice
Joint University gives patients a head start before their surgeries, puts them on the road to successful healing and shorter recovery after their surgeries, and provides a support network extending far into their futures as they move into a vastly improved quality of life.
Are You a New Patient? Complete Your Pre-Surgical Education
In preparation for your upcoming procedure, the care team at Weiss requests that you complete your pre-surgical education by watching a few short videos and completing the required questionnaires designed to better understand your condition. Please complete your required education one week prior to your surgery date.
After you have completed these required pre-surgical education steps, we invite you to navigate through the portal to learn more. Here you can:
- Explore a comprehensive library of micro-learning videos to help you understand your upcoming procedure.
- Discover relevant information to keep you healthy and recover quickly.
Please login below. Contact our Joint University Coordinator, Alan Given, at 773-564-5680 if you have any questions.
Access your pre-surgical education portal:
Learn how Joint University gives patients a head start before their surgery and puts them on the road to successful healing and shorter recovery after surgery.
Weiss Memorial Hospital
4646 N. Marine Drive
Chicago, IL 60640
Joint University at Weiss Memorial Hospital on Chicago’s North Side is Unlike Any Other Joint Replacement Program Because:
- JU is Joint Commission accredited for hip and knee replacements.
- It provides an environment that emphasizes wellness and maximizes recovery efforts through education, a culture of early mobility, family involvement and group interaction.
- It offers the latest minimally invasive and rapid-recovery techniques in hip and knee replacement surgery, including advanced analgesic techniques to decrease post-operative pain and nausea, as well as cosmetic wound-closure techniques.
- It takes a long-term view of the patient experience, offering follow-up calls tracking patient satisfaction with the process.
What Puts Joint University at the Head of the Class?
Because we are a leader in innovative minimally invasive joint replacement surgical techniques, many of our patients travel from throughout the United States to receive the specialized joint replacement care available only at Weiss.
Contact Our Care Coordinator
Joint University, where patients stay after surgery, is located on the fourth floor of Weiss Memorial Hospital in a fully remodeled space. All 14 patient rooms are private and most overlook Lake Michigan.
Contact Joint Care Coordinator Alan Given at (773) 564-5680 or request an appointment online for further information about Joint University.
Meet The Joint University Doctors
Our orthopedic specialists provide quality surgical care for all types of orthopedic problems and revisions.
Joint University in Chicago at Weiss Memorial Hospital offers a team of exceptional joint surgeons and specialists who are nationally recognized leaders in hip and knee replacement surgery.