At Weiss Memorial Hospital, we’re here to support you through all stages of rehabilitation and recovery. Our outpatient rehabilitation is designed to focus on your individual needs.
What types of rehabilitation are offered?
Our highly trained outpatient rehabilitation therapists have advanced competency in orthopedic and neurologic treatment, vestibular rehab, hand therapy and speech/swallowing services. These trained professionals work together to address all aspects of your rehabilitation to improve your quality of life. Members of your rehabilitation team may include:
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Speech language pathologists
- Modified barium swallow studies (video swallow exams)
Do I need a doctor’s referral?
To receive outpatient therapy, you’ll need a referral from your doctor stating the medical necessity for therapy as well as your diagnosis and preferred treatment. This referral is also important for most insurance plans to cover therapy treatment costs. Insurance coverages vary, but members of the outpatient therapy clinic can assist in confirming your coverage.
When and where is outpatient rehabilitation performed?
Rehab Services is located on the first floor at Weiss Memorial Hospital. Regular hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, we also offer flexible hours by appointment to help accommodate your needs. Contact our department by phone at 773-564-5688 or email at [email protected].
What will outpatient therapy involve?
Your rehabilitation is designed to improve your ability to function in your daily life. You’ll learn techniques to manage your daily activities and your team will help identify ways for you to return to meaningful living. While rehabilitation is uniquely designed for each individual, in general, you’ll learn ways to compensate for any impairments as well as ways to prevent future injury.
You may learn ways to adapt to changes in your level of function and other strategies for a more active, healthy lifestyle. Our goal is to help you regain or maintain your independence and enable you to fully participate in your community.
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Pre-and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Balance and fall prevention
- Prosthetic training
- Post-amputation residual limb management
- Hand therapy
- Lymphedema management
- Dysphagia management
- Videofluroscopic swallow assessments (“video swallow exams” or “modified barium swallow studies”)
- Orthotic and splint management
- Trauma informed care
- Return to sport
- Return to work
- Chronic pain management
Meet our team
Meet our highly trained team of outpatient rehabilitation therapists that have advanced competency in orthopedic and neurologic treatment, vestibular rehab, hand therapy and speech/swallowing services. Our team includes occupational therapists, physical therapists and speech language pathologists.
Keeping our patients safe
We pride ourselves on keeping our patients safe while in our care. We have taken the following steps to prevent the spread of virus and keep our community safe:
- Hospital-grade disinfection of all equipment and patient care areas after EVERY use
- Screening of EVERY employee and every patient/visitor upon entry to the hospital for signs/symptoms of virus
- Establishment of infection prevention protocols led by infectious disease physician and COVID leadership task force
- Altered appointment times to limit overlap of patients in clinic
- Mask use at all times for employees and patients/family members
- Limited number of patrons in clinic lobby
Weiss Memorial Hospital
First Floor, Main Corridor
Follow the blue line on the floor to #4