Weiss Memorial Hospital’s cardiac program is making new strides every day in its goal to provide you with advanced cardiac care. Weiss’ cardiac team is composed of experienced, board-certified cardiologists and cardiac surgeons in Chicago who are highly skilled in many innovative surgical procedures and have an impressive record of outstanding cardiac surgical outcomes.
Weiss offers specialized Telemetry Units that complement our 16-bed Intensive Cardiac Care Unit. Telemetry is a sophisticated, noninvasive method to monitor the heart’s rhythm and electrical activity. The Telemetry Unit provides 24-hour monitoring of the heart’s activity to help identify changes and possible cardiac events. Our Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory facilitates more effective angioplasty methods for heart attacks and provides 24-hour emergency service.
At Weiss, you have access to a variety of cardiovascular treatment options, including coronary angioplasty, stenting, permanent pacemaker and AICD placement and bi-ventricular devices. Approximately 50 percent of all coronary angiograms are done as outpatient procedures. Weiss interventional cardiologists use closure devices that make it possible to move around two to three hours afterward.
Noninvasive services include:
- State-of-the-art stress testing, including exercise, echocardiography and nuclear imaging
- Enhanced digital echocardiography in an IAC accredited lab
- Pacemaker, ICD and biventricular monitoring clinic
- On-site cardiology clinics
- Comprehensive, three-phase cardiac rehabilitation program with risk factor assessment and modification
- Free monthly blood pressure screenings
For more information, call 773-564-5912.